Object Databases

Ng Pheng Siong ngps at post1.com
Thu Mar 2 11:26:26 EST 2000

In article <3daekicp86.fsf at amarok.cnri.reston.va.us>,
  akuchlin at mems-exchange.org (Andrew M. Kuchling) wrote:
> I was thinking of writing some simple schema declaration language,
> re-using as much of Python's tokenise.py as possible.  Something like:
>
> class Sequence using table sequences:
> 	id int
> 	name string
> 	Operation[] ops
>
> class Operation:
> 	op_id int
>
> ... and then something could parse this description, spit out SQL to
> create the tables, generate SQL to map between two slightly different
> schemas, automatically load & save objects.

I imagine a simpler approach is to use ZODB.  One possibility is,
instead of FileStorage or BerkeleyStorage as the underlying, use
something like _MySQLStorage_ or _OracleStorage_!

Writing the abovementioned new storages is left as exercises for
the reader. ;-)

Hmm, I wonder: MySQL doesn't have transactions, yet. Does wrapping
it with ZODB provide sufficient transactional functionality, while
retaining its high performance?

Maybe we can bring this thread over to Zope-Dev. I've been putting
off subscribing, I guess I have to now. ;-|

Gedanke-experiments-are-fun-ly y'rs

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps at post1.com> * http://www.post1.com/home/ngps

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/