Elementry question on indeces

Ken Seehof kens at sightreader.com
Sun Mar 5 16:13:09 EST 2000

Think about these questions and all will be very clear.

"You have a 5 inch piece of string.  You want to cut it into one inch
pieces.  How many times to you cut the string?"

"Has the new millenium started yet or not?"

"Why is this the 21st century when it starts with 20?"

"How many integers are there between 50 and 100?"