segmentation fault with Tkinter in Solaris (sft)

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Mar 30 14:09:08 EST 2000

"Fredrik Lundh" <effbot at telia.com> writes on Wed, 29 Mar 2000 19:26:49 GMT:
> Ryan Thompson <ryan at angband.org> wrote:
> > After a little more research I see that python 1.5.2 only works with
> > tcl/tk 8.0 in solaris, but will not work with 8.1 or higher without
> > patches. Is this true for 8.3?
> it definitely won't work without the patches, so you might as
> well try them out...
I have just generated (and tested) "_tkinter" with tcl/tk 8.3.0
under Linux/glibc2.
As for 8.2.2 and unlike 8.1, there were no patches needed.
Of cause, I had to edit "Modules/Setup" to get "_tkinter" compiled
and linked with the correct tcl/tk headers/libraries.

I would expect the same behaviour for Solaris (but not for Windows).
I do not expect the core to be related with an incompatibility
between Python 1.5.2 and tcl/tk 8.3.0.

Dieter