Python tutorial/comparison for C++ programmer

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 26 09:16:14 EST 2000

Vetle Roeim <vetler at ifi.uio.no> wrote:

> [Boudewijn Rempt]
>> > Well, it's probably not directly relevant, but I took a C++ tutorial
>> > and translated it into a Python tutorial. The original was meant for
>> > beginning C++/Qt developers. Taking a look at:
>> >
>> > http://www.valdyas.org/python/tutorial.html
>> >
>> > can't hurt ;-).

> [tom-main at REMOVEME.home.com]
>> I tried the link but it didn't work.

> er.. yes it does.

Sometimes there are a few problem with dns - if the nameservers at
Granitecanyon are down, and your providers nameservers haven't already
cached my domain, then you aren't going to get a connect. In those
cases, one can either use the mirror at http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt
(which might not be current), or use the IP addres:
http://212.120.104.190/python/index.html.

I know it works for a lot of people, since I get a respectable number
of hits every day. The reason I want to use my own server and not
some providers is that I want to have access to Python and MySQL
for my website - http://www.valdyas.org:8000, for instance, is my
experimental grammar server. (Not finished at all, all it can do
is serve up a list of languages ;-).

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org