Python tutorial/comparison for C++ programmer

Boudewijn Rempt boud at
Sun Mar 26 16:16:14 CEST 2000

Vetle Roeim <vetler at> wrote:

> [Boudewijn Rempt]
>> > Well, it's probably not directly relevant, but I took a C++ tutorial
>> > and translated it into a Python tutorial. The original was meant for
>> > beginning C++/Qt developers. Taking a look at:
>> >

>> > can't hurt ;-).

> [tom-main at]
>> I tried the link but it didn't work.

> er.. yes it does.

Sometimes there are a few problem with dns - if the nameservers at
Granitecanyon are down, and your providers nameservers haven't already
cached my domain, then you aren't going to get a connect. In those
cases, one can either use the mirror at
(which might not be current), or use the IP addres:

I know it works for a lot of people, since I get a respectable number
of hits every day. The reason I want to use my own server and not
some providers is that I want to have access to Python and MySQL
for my website -, for instance, is my
experimental grammar server. (Not finished at all, all it can do
is serve up a list of languages ;-).

Boudewijn Rempt  |