Stackless/microthreads merge news

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at
Mon Mar 13 10:46:52 CET 2000

wware at (Will Ware) writes:

> Chris Tismer and I expect to release microthreads running on
> Stackless Python very soon. At this point things appear stable
> enough that we can release a user's manual, available at

Looks great! One question: are there any provisions to use
microthreads in C extension modules? If yes, is the Python interpreter
(the modified one) thread-safe for microthreads, or is there still
something like the global interpreter lock? Getting rid of that would
be reason enought to switch to microthreads for me.
Konrad Hinsen                            | E-Mail: hinsen at
Centre de Biophysique Moleculaire (CNRS) | Tel.: +33-
Rue Charles Sadron                       | Fax:  +33-