Splitting comp.lang.python

Ken Seehof kens at sightreader.com
Thu Mar 2 01:58:33 EST 2000

Splitting the newsgroup won't solve the basic problem: Too Many Messages.
We have to find a way to make python less popular, and soon.  Guido and
his dangerous CP4E plan must be stopped!

If we do not act now, our civilization will be destroyed.  If you think I'm
exagerrating, consider:

The current growth rate of this list is 148.5% per month*.

This means 11,500.00% per year.  In ten years, there will be
156,078,616,347 messages per microsecond on this site alone.

When you factor in a corresponding increase in number of members
who receive each message, after adjusting to current trends of
decreasing energy dissipation in fiber-optics technology, the total
energy usage of this newsgroup will be enough to turn this planet
into a ball of plasma.

* http://starship.python.net/crew/just/FindMailStats/
Jan 2000: 2678 messages
Feb 2000: 3977 messages