Self Nanny

Moshe Zadka moshez at math.huji.ac.il
Mon Mar 6 12:46:34 EST 2000

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Gaetan Corneau wrote:

<about explicit self vs. implicit this>
> I have been using C++ for a long time (too long?), and I don't remember
> having faced this problem myself, but I know it is possible. To make sure
> new C++ programmers don't have problems with that, we have alittle naming
> convention.

Python does to. Have "self." in front on your variables.
And just like Python enforces indentation, it enforces you to use "self.".
Wonderful things, those auto-checked coding conventions.
(C++ coding convention checkers are usually very expensive)
--
Moshe Zadka <mzadka at geocities.com>.
http://www.oreilly.com/news/prescod_0300.html