Forth like interpreter

William Tanksley wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net
Mon Mar 20 19:17:59 EST 2000

On 19 Mar 2000 07:05:23 GMT, Aahz Maruch wrote:
>William Tanksley <wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net> wrote:

>>There's a much more lucid description of the characteristics of
>>concatenative languages at
>>http://www.latrobe.edu.au/www/philosophy/phimvt/j00syn.html.

>BTW, please don't append punctuation to URLs like that.

I used to make an effort to not append URL-legal punctuation to URLs (in
practice, this meant that I would always phrase my sentances such that
they did not end with an URL, so I didn't have to end one with a period).
However, after a while of doing that, I failed to find any email or news
programs which didn't know that filename URLs don't, in practice, end with
periods.  For any URL more complex than a filename, of course, I use the
standard <URL: > markup, thus eliminating all problems.

Is this a big deal?  What problems are caused by a period at the end of an
URL?  Or is this all as hypothetical as my old efforts to avoid it?

>                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Reproduced by implicit permission.

--
-William "Billy" Tanksley