How to tell in site.py if python is being invoked interactively?

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 30 04:26:09 EST 2000

Alex <alex at somewhere.round.here> writes:

> Hi, Randall.
>
> No, I just have control over the python program they're going to use.
>
> Sorry about the bogus address.  If I set the Mail-Followup-To header to
> the list address, won't replies to my messages that are CC'd to the
> newsgroup show up twice?  On the other hand, a null address means mail
> people send me just disappears...
>
> Alex.

There seems to be a C global variable "Py_InteractiveFlag", which
could probably be got at with a C extension; so if you're writing one
of those anyway, this shouldn't be too much of a stretch.  If you're
not, dunno, sorry.

Cheers,
M.

--
well, take it from an old hand: the only reason it would be easier
to program in C is that you can't easily express complex  problems