Python 1.6 and Python 3000's new features?

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 8 12:25:26 EST 2000

Shichang Zhao <shichang at icubed.com> writes:

> >spring cleaning.  get rid of most warts, add typing, clean
> >up the (rather messy, by now) standard library.  etc.
>
> typing? does that mean that I have to :
>         int x=0
> instead of x=0?

The idea (I think) is that you *can* do this, and hopefully benefit
from increased speed and safety.  If you *had* to do that, it wouldn't
be Python any more.

Cheers,
M.

--
very few people approach me in real life and insist on proving they are
drooling idiots.                         -- Erik Naggum, comp.lang.lisp