Proposal: Weekly FAQ pointer (was Re: Newbie: Is there a faq for this newsgroup?)

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Mon Mar 13 14:11:09 EST 2000

In article <38cb9f9a$0$1338 at motown.iinet.net.au>,
Aesop <me at my.own.computer> wrote:

>        Been programming in python for, well about 2 days now. Have a whack
>of dumb questions that are probably guaranteed to see me flamed to death. Is
>there a FAQ anywhere? oe better still anyone got any good links to tutorial
>type sites for people who have not touched a computer language in about six
>or so years?

We've been getting a lot of questions like this lately, despite the
existence of python.org.  I think that a >>very short<< weekly FAQ with
pointers to the five or six most common URLs would be pretty handy.  I'm
willing to write it up if someone else takes the responsibility for
posting it; I'm just not sure whether I should talk to Fred, Barry, or
someone else.  Suggestions?

(Yes, I'm more than aware of the weekly Python-URL!, but that's not
labelled "FAQ" and it's a lot longer than someone who wants a quick
answer to "Where's the FAQ?" will read.)
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"Along the lines of getting a massage, taking a hot bubble bath, and
swimming in a pool of warm, melted chocolate, can you give me some
innovative ways that you pamper yourself?"
"Spend three hours flaming stupid people on the Net."  --Aahz