Splitting comp.lang.python - NOT

Anthony J Wilkinson anthony at dstc.edu.au
Fri Mar 3 22:59:44 EST 2000

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Randall Hopper wrote:

> If you want a filter, subscribe to the mailing lists and use procmail.
> For the NetNews version, learn to use a scorefile (some readers call this a
> killfile).
I agree 100%. A possible suggestion to assist with filtering which has
worked well in other newsgroups that I have read is to develop a set of
keywords to put in the subject e.g.
{Tk} How do I get a dialog box to work?
{Win32} Problems installing PythonWin

etc.

I believe that the Python commmunity is a positive place because of its
inclusivity - newsgroup splits can only harm this.

Regards,
Anthony
Anthony J Wilkinson                                        anthony at dstc.com
Software Engineer                                           http://dstc.com
DSTC Pty Ltd                                           Ph:  +61 7 3365 4310