Telnetlib

David Fisher python at rose164.wuh.wustl.edu
Tue Mar 14 17:46:05 EST 2000

Hi Ralf,
If you look in the file telnetlib.py, you will see some useful comments and
a test program.  But to answer you question, here's a working example of
accessing a telnet server on my local network.  You change the '192.168.1.1'
to the address of your server and off you go.  The address can also be
specified with a dns name like 'myserver.mydomain.org'

good luck,
David

>>> import telnetlib
>>> t = telnetlib.Telnet('192.168.1.1')