Splitting comp.lang.python

Mikael Olofsson mikael at isy.liu.se
Wed Mar 1 07:30:02 EST 2000

On 01-Mar-00 gerrit at nl.linux.org wrote:
 >      I propose to split c.l.py in a technical part and a non-technical part.

I agree that a split would be appropriate, especially if the growth
continues. However, I don't think that your proposed subjects are
especially good. What would go into the non-technical part? Very little,
as I see things. I think that it would be better to split regarding to
popular subjects. I can see the following popular subjects:

  Pure Python
  GUI
  CGI
  Platform-dependent issues
  Database handling
  Advocacy

Then again, these subjects may overlap too much.

/Mikael

E-Mail:  Mikael Olofsson <mikael at isy.liu.se>
WWW:     http://www.dtr.isy.liu.se/dtr/staff/mikael
Phone:   +46 - (0)13 - 28 1343