Embedding Python in a MUD

Will Ware wware at world.std.com
Tue Mar 21 19:59:04 EST 2000

Greg Miller (gmiller at classic-games.com) wrote:
> I'm considering Python as an in-mud scripting language.

I'm interested in this. I want to do something similar. I've been in
touch with an economics professor who has an educational microeconomics
simulator (currently running on one machine in Vax Basic) which he'd
like to make available on-line. I made noises about helping him, but I
am still learning what would be involved, and a mud-like approach is
looking like a good way to go. If he's agreeable, I think his simulator
would be more maintainable in Python than in Basic.

http://www.python.org/doc/current/ext/ext.html

> (2) Can multiple python interpreters run in separate threads without
> interfering with each other (data corruption, locking, etc)?

You might be interested in a project that Christian Tismer and I have
been working on, called Python Microthreads. We haven't officially
released it yet, but it's easy enough to get it working on a Linux or
Solaris box. The URL is at
http://world.std.com/~wware/uthread.html