Tkinter apps running in idle under Win98

Werner Arnhold warnhold at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Thu Mar 16 04:41:36 EST 2000

Hello,

I'm telling teachers how to teach computer science in school. They have
to learn a programming language and I choose Python. Because most of
them using Win98 we work with IDLE 0.5.

When we start Programs using Tkinter from IDLE with F5-key that open
with

	root = Tk()

and close with

	root.destroy()

the prompt in the main interpreter window never returns and there is no
regular way to close the IDLE-application. Other apps sometimes start
with an empty window or with the regular and an empty window.

Any hint what to do?

Thanks

Werner

--