config'in apache for python

Patrick Phalen python-list at teleo.net
Fri Mar 10 01:54:56 EST 2000

[Matthew Barre, on Thu, 09 Mar 2000]
:: I've been having oodles of trouble trying to get apache set correctly for
:: python. Does anyone know of a good "tutorial" page on this that preferably
:: has some example srm.conf and httpd.conf files? Thanks in advance

Your question is ambiguous, but I'll guess that you're trying
to enable the calling of Python scripts ending in .py via CGI, but
outside of your configured script aliased directories.

If so, add this to the appropriate section of srm.conf (or httpd.conf,
if you follow the new single-file fad).

AddHandler cgi-script .py

Alternatively, if you don't want to advertise to the sociopathic
crackers of the world what your CGI scripts were written in, just use:

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi (or whatever) and change the file extension
on your scripts.

Now my guess may be wrong. Perhaps you're looking to configure
PyApache. If so, I'll leave that discussion to someone who's done it.