Incompatibility between socket and httplib in python CVS build.

François Pinard pinard at
Wed Mar 29 21:00:42 CEST 2000

"Fredrik Lundh" <effbot at> writes:

> if you use experimental versions, please make sure you check out the
> latest code before reporting bugs...

How old a fetch should be before I consider it old?  A week?  A day?
One hour?  What is the expected trade-off between the value attached to
having a bug reported, and the burden on pretesters?  Some of us, like me,
are usually not connected to the Internet, and I would just not report a
bug if the required work on me is too high, while possibly being useless.

For the packages I maintain, I always accept bug reports from my pretesters.
If I think they should fetch a newer pretest, I may ask them to do so, but
on a case per case basis.  I would not blindly impose them to go and fetch
a new pretest just for being allowed to report a bug.  I value pretesters'
reports much more than that.

François Pinard