MySQL, Python and Odbc

Timothy Grant tjg at
Mon Mar 20 05:39:06 CET 2000

mgates wrote:
> Question: How do I setup python to be able to query Mysql using odbc in
> Windows..
> OperationalError: ('IM002', 0, '[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source
> name not found and no default driver specified', 4316)

Taking a guess, it looks like either you haven't installed the Windows
MySQL ODBC driver, or else you haven't set up a system data source

I don't know MySQL, but I do believe I have read that there is a Windows
ODBC driver for it.

Stand Fast,

Chief Technology Officer              tjg at
Red Hat Certified Engineer
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.                   (503) 246-3630