Minimal Windows interpreter / small Python

James Bursa james at
Sat Mar 11 11:58:15 CET 2000

I'd like to temporarily use Python on a Windows 98 machine. I don't need
more than a few basic modules (string, whrandom etc), and I'd ideally like
to fit it all on one disc.

I've got hold of the 'small' distribution, which means that I don't have to
mess around with the registry (AFAIK). Which files from the full
distribution do I have to add to this to give a working Python interpreter?

James Bursa                                          james at
Cambridge, UK