popen in and out to .exe on NT help

tiddlerdeja at my-deja.com tiddlerdeja at my-deja.com
Sun Mar 12 19:40:31 EST 2000

Maybe this isn't possible, but I thought I'd ask.

I have a 3rd party .exe on my NT machine. I have to use it as one party
of an installation procedure.

I'd like to wrapper this exe so that users don't have to deal with it
anymore. This exe asks for various bits of info at a DOS prompt and
does whatever it has to do to install some software. I thought I could
use python to wrapper this exe, perhaps using popen. This popen would
return the input and output streams that I could read and write to.

Anyone know if this is possible? I'm on NT.

As usual, any help greatly appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.