runtime code loading

Jp Calderone exarkun at mudprovider.com
Wed Mar 1 13:51:07 EST 2000

(First, I'm a realtive newbie to Python, so if this is dumb, please excuse
me)  I've got the following code and I can't figure out why it freezes at
the marked line:

    def connectionMade(self, sock, addr):
        print 'Getting pObj...',
        pObj = self.bootstrapObjects['Player']
        print 'Done\nGetting lObj...',
        lObj = self.bootstrapObjects['LoginParser']
        print 'Done\nCreating player...'
        self.connections[addr] = pObj(lObj, sock, addr) # Freezes here
        print 'Done'

pObj and lObj are loaded with this code:

def load(name):
    infile = open('../lib/code/' + name, 'r')
    source = infile.readlines()
    result = compile(string.join(source, '\n'), '../lib/code/' + name,
		'single'
    return result

and the code files contain:"

class Player:

        socket = None
        address = None

        def __init__(self, socket, addr):
                print 'Player init'
                self.socket = socket
                self.address = addr

        def hasData(self):
                return self.socket.ready()

        def parse(self):
                if not self.hasData():
                        return
                else:
                        pass

class LoginParser:

        state = -1

        def __init__(self):
                self.state = 0

Anything obvious that I'm doing wrong (or am I approhacing this from
completely the wrong angle?)

Thanks in advance