CGI and HTTP header problem

Jeff Pinyan jeffp at
Sun Mar 12 00:57:19 CET 2000

[posted & mailed]

On Mar 11, Toralf Wittner said:

>Hi all,
>While it basically works, there is an annoying problem with the filename
>the 'Save as' browser dialog suggests. It offers the name of the CGI
>script rather than the name of the file one has chosen. As far as I can
>see, this is a problem with the HTTP header.

Utilize PATH_INFO's magic:

If that's your URL, than the value of the PATH_INFO environment var is
"/filename.ext", and that will be what the file is defaulted to be saved

MIDN 4/C PINYAN, NROTCURPI, US Naval Reserve             japhy at
PerlMonth - An Online Perl Magazine
The Perl Archive - Articles, Forums, etc.