Python Oracle module for Oracle 8 -- NEED HELP!!!!

Peter Bittner bittneph at aston.ac.uk
Fri Mar 10 09:01:02 EST 2000

I need help very urgently!!!

I'm trying to find (and to install) Python's Oracle module.
That's the Oracle module I'm trying to make working:

      http://digicool.com/releases/unsupported/oracle

The problem is I'm using

  - Oracle 8  and
  - Python 1.5.2

but the Oracle module mentioned above is made for

  - Python 1.4/1.3  and
  - Oracle 7 !!!

None of the Oracle files to be compiled by make exists in Oracle 8
anymore!!!

I desperately need an Oracle module for Python, I can't use MySQL now, I
must stick to Oracle.

Please help, if you can! Tell me if you've got experiences with this
module, especially when you're using it with Oracle 8!!

Please help!!   --> PLEASE, EMAIL TO:  bittneph at aston.ac.uk
Peter