Python advocacy

Blake Winton bwinton at tor.dhs.org
Thu Mar 23 17:31:19 EST 2000

On Fri, 03 Mar 2000 19:50:00 GMT, Brett g Porter wrote:
>"Tape recorders are better than pianos because it's too darn hard to become
>a good piano player. It divides the world into 'musicians' and
>'non-musicians'.  The piano suffers from an overemphasis on being backwardly
>compatible with the clavichord."

Change that from "Tape recorders" to "Synthesizers", and I would
agree with Paul.  The advances in ease of use allow for one-man-bands,
a feat which was nigh impossible in the early days of music.

Heck, even I, with no training in drums, can twiddle around in
7/4 time on a friend's drum machine, and come out with some
neat sounding beats.  It seems to me that advances in technology
erase (at least partially) the lines between professionals and
amateurs.  Maybe that's a good thing.  Maybe not.  Maybe both.

Later,
Blake.

--
4:20pm up 23 days, 19:12, 1 user, load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00