I wasn't complaining! (Was: will python 3000 break my code?)

Manuel Gutierrez Algaba thor at localhost.localdomain
Thu Mar 2 13:08:07 EST 2000

On Wed, 01 Mar 2000 18:13:39 GMT, Fredrik Lundh <effbot at telia.com> wrote:
>Alex <alex at somewhere.round.here> wrote:
>> Fredrik and Gerrit, thanks for the info.  I didn't realize it would be a
>> type error.  I wasn't complaining, though, just giving an example of why
>> I think some rewriting will be necessary.  And I'm not suprised that it
>> turns out to be bad form.  I'm not a professional coder, and I'm
>> learning those sorts of aesthetics as I go along.
>
>fwiw, I'm consider myself a professional coder, and
>I also have a several hundred lines to fix ;-)

I do think that the difference between a real good programmer
and a bad one is that the good programmer produces code that
eventually get fixed and evolved, the bad programmer produces
code that can't be fixed nor evolved. The bad programmer
produces always a single version. Bad programmers are common
in professional world, specially in the Microsuck environment.

OO helps to create good programmers.

--
MGA