A comp.lang.python code snippet archive?

Hans Nowak hnowak at cuci.nl
Thu Mar 2 17:48:39 EST 2000

On 2 Mar 00, at 13:48, Michael Hudson wrote:

> chris patti <cpatti at atg.com> writes:
>
> > It might also be nice as a gesture to the community if when people
> > *post* such things they take a moment to also mail them to Michael - but
> > anyway..
>
> Aiee!  I don't have a site for these things (certainly not yet)!  Send the
> to Hans if anyone.  I was being speculative!
>
> If Hans wants other people to help arranging and formatting snippets, I
> could help.  Setting up my own site would require me learning A LOT of
> stuff first, and isn't going to happen that soon (hmm... exams).

If I had a not too unreliable method to scan messages for Python code, that
would solve most of the problems (except that I still would like to get
some snippets from elsewhere). The # method (see my other post) does not
seem unacceptable; I tried it and most messages with # in them indeed have
some code or something looking like it. :)  Also some pseudocode, etc, but
I am not striving for a perfect way to do this. I think it's better than
scanning for reserved words.

I will see if I can upload some new snippets, soonish.

--Hans Nowak (zephyrfalcon at hvision.nl)
Homepage: http://fly.to/zephyrfalcon
You call me a masterless man. You are wrong. I am my own master.