Problems with raw_input

dogboy777 at my-deja.com dogboy777 at my-deja.com
Tue Mar 14 14:05:49 EST 2000

I just started using the raw_input function and I'm running into a
problem. I'm running the script on a Linux box via telnet from Win95.
When I've telnetted in, my backspace key, etc. work just fine for shell
commands. But when I run a python script that uses raw_input, it turns
backspaces to ^H, and doesn't even do them properly. For ex, when I
type:
up^H^Hload
it returns a string that looks like "load", but when I compare it to
"load" it says it isn't the same. However, if I type in "load" w/o any
backspacing, it works just fine. Any idea what the problem is and how I
can correct it?
Thanks,
Anders Schneiderman
National Journal Daily Briefings Group