Code basics

Joshua Macy amused at webamused.com
Fri Mar 17 16:26:04 EST 2000

Lance Ellinghaus wrote:

> For some of us (C programmers by trade), this type of coding is very normal and
> has no readability problems.
>
> In C you could do the following:
>
> printf( (getNumberOfSomething()==10 ? "Tjohoo" : "Oh no!") );
>
> When I first saw this code posted, I thought "Nice! Clean and simple"...
>
> Lance Ellinghaus

  Code that's normal and readable for C belongs in C, not in Python.
It's very common to see programmers writing C or FORTRAN programs in
whatever language they're currently using, but those programs are never
as good (readable, correct, maintainable) as programs actually written
in the native idiom.

If-all-you-have-is-a-hammer-every-problem-begins-looking-like-it-requires-a-ternary-operator-ly
y'rs,  Joshua