Advice requested: GUI project beginning

Fredrik Lundh effbot at telia.com
Fri Mar 31 05:41:11 EST 2000

Brian <nospam at noreply.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately Tk is one of the most portable toolkits ...

unfortunately for whom?

> anyone know if Guido has expressed any interest in wxWindows
> being the standard Python GUI and distribute wxWindows with
> Python?

last time I checked, wxPython was *larger* than Tcl and
Tk combined.  it's also far less portable and far less stable.

but for legal reasons, it's very unlikely that either Tk or
wxWindows will be shipped with CNRI's core distribution.

but of course, nothing stops *you* from shipping your
own distribution...

btw, Tk has started to move forward again, both in the Tk
land and in Tkinter land.  the upcoming 1.6 alpha includes
performance enhancements and unicode support, and other
improvements will follow.

more on this later.

</F>