Help!, transform octet-stream data to binary?

Fredrik Lundh effbot at telia.com
Fri Mar 3 16:11:28 EST 2000

Shichang Zhao <shichang at icubed.com> wrote:
> After uploading a word or .zip file via Web browser, I got odctet-stream
> data. How do I transform the data back to binary so that I can save it,
> say, as word documet or .zip files. Please help!

I'm probably missing the point here, but an octet-stream
is just a fancy name for a binary file.

if you're talking about "content-encoding" rather than
"content-type", use the "base64" or "uu" module (see
the library reference for details).

</F>

<!-- (the eff-bot guide to) the standard python library:
-->