Python advocacy

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Thu Mar 2 20:46:56 EST 2000

Don Tuttle wrote:

> I bow before man with big, big gonads!  You very brave man, Paulsan.

Well, thus far all response has been positive! Obviously I stacked the
deck by alerting comp.lang.py'ers about the article but Perl-mongering
flamers have been conspicuously absent. Obviously some large majority
are going to be mature about it and some other percentage indifferent.
I'm just surprised not to hear from the lunatic fringe. I'll hasten to
add that every community has a lunatic fringe -- Perlers are probably no
worse than anyone else.

Of course the most vicious flamers probably hang out together somewhere
other than the O'Reilly web site...

> End
> article with "You can respond to Paul at pyguy at prescod.net "  You write
> wonderful article.

pyguy is an alias set up specifically for that article so that I can
redirect flamage to my "read this on a rainy day" folder.

"We still do not know why mathematics is true and whether it is
certain. But we know what we do not know in an immeasurably richer way
than we did. And learning this has been a remarkable achievement,
among the greatest and least known of the modern era."
        - from "Advent of the Algorithm" David Berlinski
	http://www.opengroup.com/mabooks/015/0151003386.shtml