COM interfacing / "Python Programming on Win32" question

Stefan Franke spamfranke at bigfoot.de
Sat Mar 18 10:56:14 EST 2000

Finally, I just got my copy of the book (there were obviously some
distribution problems in Germany). Great work, Mark and Andy!

Now for my first question: The middle of p. 211 of the book says
"Python can't support arbitrary COM interfaces; the pythoncom module
(or a pythoncom extension) must have built-in support for the
interface.
Fortunately, there are tools pythoncom developers use that largely
automate the process of supporting new interfaces"

Do you have any links for those? Or am I missing something in the
book?
Right now I'm considering the feasibility of wrapping some selected
DirectX interfaces for Python. Any help would be appreciated.

Stefan