Grail crashing

Riaan Booysen riaan at e.co.za
Thu Mar 23 20:39:36 EST 2000

Hi Pete,

Pete Shinners wrote:

> i'm still quite newish to python, but i do want to dig
> into grail. i've got 1.5.2 installed correctly, but
> grail 0.6 is always crashing out at line 119 of
> protocols/protocolAPI.py
>
>     access = app.find_extension('protocols', sanitized).access
>
> anyways, the error is
> AttributeError: 'None' object has no attribute 'access'
>
> i can tell that app.find_extension is returning None, but
> should/can i fix this? is something likely wrong with my
> install?
>
> this is on NT4.

By some cosmic coincidence I ran into this just a couple of
hours ago :o

If you have your HOME environmental variable set it to e.g.
d:\HOME\PETE it will try open the url: 'd:\HOME\PETE\.grail\something'
and then exit when it does not support the protocol 'd' (it should be
using an url like 'file:/D|/HOME/PETE/.grail/something')

A quick fix is to remove your HOME setting from your environment.

Riaan