DB2 on Linux

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Mon Mar 13 15:44:51 EST 2000

"Michael Appelmans" <mappel at 123ibm.net> quoted:
> <dharms98 at my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8ah5p7$ko2$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...
> > I was wondering if anyone tried it yet, and if there is a Python module
> > out there to get access to the database?

I believe DB2 uses the CLI ODBC-ish interface as its standard access,
so try Marc-Andre Lemburg's mxODBC.  Try writing Marc-Andre directly
if DB2 isn't supported in the current distribution; I think DB2
support is being worked on, and perhaps he could give you a
preliminary snapshot to try out.

Python is an experiment in how much freedom programmers need. Too much freedom
and nobody can read another's code; too little and expressiveness is
endangered.
    -- Guido van Rossum, 13 Aug 1996