Python tutorial/comparison for C++ programmer

rzantow at rzantow at
Thu Mar 23 14:37:51 CET 2000

In article <m34s9yq8ej.fsf at>,
Michael Hudson <mwh21 at> wrote:
> Basically, no there is nothing stopping anyone
selling Python. The
> point is, thought, that why would anyone buy
what you can get for
> free?
> --
Why would anyone pay for cable when broadcast TV
is free? If M$ or
Some other outfit creates and hypes a product
that appears to
solve a problem successfully, what's to prevent
it being used? To
a confused Python newbie, issues like "which
windowing interface?"
may appear to be a problem. A "standard" download
package with a setup that
painlessly plugs in the total Python universe (as
the standard defines it,
anyway) would, I'd think, appeal to the Windows
crowd as well.

I don't really expect Microsoft to jump on the
Python bandwagon, though. It
would make going to VC++ too painful.

Sent via
Before you buy.