MySQLmodule.c install problems

Thomas thomas at
Sun Mar 26 09:04:54 CEST 2000

Hi everyone,

I've scavenged everywhere to solve this problem, but cannot get Python
and MySQL to be friends again.

I've placed the MySQLmodule.c in the ../Modules folder and I modified the
Setup file to add the following:

MySQL MySQLmodule.c -L/usr/local/lib/mysql/ \
 -lmysqlclient -I/usr/local/include/mysql

fianlly, at the top of the directory, I run:

>make clobber  # clean out my previous installation
>./configure -with--threads   # need this for Zope

at this point, Python starts to make itself, but dies everytime spitting out:

gcc -fpic  -I/usr/local/include/mysql -g -O2 -I./../Include -I..
 -c ./MySQLmodule.c
./MySQLmodule.c: In function `pythonify_row':
./MySQLmodule.c:238: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
./MySQLmodule.c: In function `pythonify_res_fields':
./MySQLmodule.c:384: invalid lvalue in unary `&'
./MySQLmodule.c: In function `STH_fetchdict':
./MySQLmodule.c:1125: invalid lvalue in unary `&'
./MySQLmodule.c:1147: invalid lvalue in unary `&'
*** Error code 1

*** Error code 1

I've looked everywhere and talked to a few people, and no answers yet.
Does anyone
know what's wrong with the above?