mod_perl and mod_python, is perl better for that task?

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Mon Mar 20 10:51:05 EST 2000

In article <38D6003D.7DF3AE89 at eq.uc.pt>,
Pedro Vale Lima  <eq3pvl at eq.uc.pt> wrote:

>The concept of mod_perl is great for building sites with huge traffic,
>the only really disavantage is perl :-)
>
>After looking (at a glimpse) for a similar mod_python I found PyApache
>but it seems not to be very used in the community.

If you don't need to use Apache, you might consider using Zope, which is
a full-blown platform for supporting Python web applications.  (You
could even do what we're doing and proxy Apache requests through to
Zope; it was easier for us than trying to embed Zope.)
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

Three sins: BJ, B&J, B&J  --Aahz