mod_perl and mod_python, is perl better for that task?

Aahz Maruch aahz at
Mon Mar 20 16:51:05 CET 2000

In article <38D6003D.7DF3AE89 at>,
Pedro Vale Lima  <eq3pvl at> wrote:
>The concept of mod_perl is great for building sites with huge traffic,
>the only really disavantage is perl :-)
>After looking (at a glimpse) for a similar mod_python I found PyApache
>but it seems not to be very used in the community.

If you don't need to use Apache, you might consider using Zope, which is
a full-blown platform for supporting Python web applications.  (You
could even do what we're doing and proxy Apache requests through to
Zope; it was easier for us than trying to embed Zope.)
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

Three sins: BJ, B&J, B&J  --Aahz