Need Help Re:PATH

Randall Hopper aa8vb at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 17 14:11:24 EST 2000

Snoopy :-)):
 |PATH & PYTHONPATH.  I just don't know what am I doing wrong.
 |
 |For the purpuse of Practice In my home directory I created a directory
 |called"Pydir" where I wan to keep the "Module & Script " Files.  I want
 |to use the "Bash-Shell".  So In my (Home) "bash_profile " I did the
 |following configuration:
 |PATH=$PATH:/HOME/bin:/usr/bin/python:.:/home/charly/Pydir
 |PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:.:/home/charly/Pydir:/usr/lib/python1.5:/usr/lib/python1.5/lib-tk

I believe you need to put an "export" before your declarations for bash.
Also, when you say "bash_profile", the user file for this is $HOME/.bashrc

Try this:

    cd $HOME
    echo $PYTHONPATH                        <-- Make sure /home/charly/Pydir
                                                shows up here
    export PYTHONPATH=/home/charly/Pydir    <-- If not, just do this
    python
    >>> import mymodule

--
Randall Hopper