do-while loop?

Tom Funk _spam_sux_tdfunk at
Fri Mar 24 21:10:45 CET 2000

In an article posted 24 Mar 2000 11:16:42 -0800,
Johann Hibschman (johann at said:
> while not abort:
>     [*your* niftiness snipped ;-)]
> else:
>     print abort_msg
> while loop exited with "break" does not call the else clause,
> while one exited with a normal while-control-test does.

Cool!  I keep forgetting about Python's tendency toward "else" legs in
control structures.  I completely spaced out on while/else.  Nice
distinction on when the else leg is executed.

Thomas D. Funk                           |        "Software is the lever
Software Engineering Consultant          | Archimedes was searching for"
Advanced Systems Design, Tallahassee FL. |