regular expressions questions

Anthony DeLorenzo gonzo at vex.net
Mon Mar 20 22:41:33 EST 2000

>> (P.S.  I have "Mastering Regular Expressions" on order but it will be days
>Excellent book. I couldn't believe that someone could make a readable book about
>them. And how much there was that I didn't know.

I found the book excellent as well.  Frankly, all 'quick intros' I'd read on
the web were really difficult.  Regexes are definitely important enough to
consider a book on.

The only thing which I didn't like was the fact that the python-specific
stuff was so dated (ie stil using the old regex module).

I find that I use the regexes more in perl than I do in python, at least
for the time being.  I'm looking forward to seeing the new regex module
in 1.6 though.

Tony

--
# Anthony DeLorenzo <drgonzo at canada.com>