Format of HTML Source Output

Joseph C. Kopec kopecjc at att.net
Wed Mar 29 22:49:41 EST 2000

I have been sucessfully using Python cgi scripts to generate HTML
pages.  When I use a text editor to pull up the HTML source, however,
all the source is on one or a few lines, making it difficult to review.
Are there any techniques people typically use with Python cgi scripts to
produce HTML output that not only is good HTML when viewed through a
browser, but produces nicely formatted HTML source?  Would outputting \n
and other escaped characters work without disrupting the browser-viewed
HTML document?  Thanks in advance.