Trying to display a BMP image

Thomas & Jennifer Thompson tmt1630 at cs.rit.edu
Fri Mar 24 22:10:11 EST 2000

Hi Willie,

I spent today (virtually all of it) trying to get this to work....and
it was because I have a need to do the same thing as you.  I only
found your note out of frustration this evening because I
couldn't get it to work!!  Misery loves company, right?!

Anyways, I poked at it some more and I got this piece of code to
work....maybe it'll help you....

from Tkinter import *
import Image, ImageTk, os

class Display_Image:
    def __init__(self, master=None):
        self.master = master
        self.frame = Frame(master, width=400, height=400, bg="White")
        self.lbl = Label(self.frame, bg='White', fg='Black')
        self.lbl.place(anchor=NW)

        self.frame.pack()

        self.raw=Image.open('ptob.bmp')
        self.img=ImageTk.PhotoImage(self.raw)