Forth like interpreter

Darrell darrell at dorb.com
Sat Mar 18 22:45:05 EST 2000

[William Tanksley]

> >I use Forth to describe the family of TIL's that can evolve quickly
because
> >they are expressed as a single strand of RNA. Maybe I need another term
for
> >them.
>
> I'm not offended by that characterization -- in fact, I'd like a link so I
> can read more about your work.  I assume that you're working on genetic
> algorithms?

I am interested in genetic algorithms and keep looking for an opportunity to
use one. My reference to RNA was mostly for humor, with some truth mixed in.
Oddly the simplicity of TIL's leads to mutation much the same as RNA mutates
more easily than DNA.

> There's a much more lucid description of the characteristics of
> concatenative languages at
> http://www.latrobe.edu.au/www/philosophy/phimvt/j00syn.html.

Thanks for the link. I apreciate all the help I can get to understand
Christian Tismer when he says things like "no Forth, but TIL".

--Darrell