crimes in Python

Kragen Sitaker kragen at dnaco.net
Wed Mar 8 20:31:20 EST 2000

In article <wkem9lxw9e.fsf at turangalila.harmonixmusic.com>,
Dan Schmidt  <dfan at harmonixmusic.com> wrote:
>Michael Hudson <mwh21 at cam.ac.uk> writes:
>|
>| Random advice: while you're learning Python, forget map exists.
>|
>| This is a particularly heinous use of it, as you're using it for
>| side-effects and ignoring the results.
>
>Isn't he passing the resulting list to join()?

Yes, but the fact that he couldn't tell what was going on is enough of
an indictment in itself.  :)

I tend to think formatting is the major problem with this particular
statement.  I didn't even notice I had left out the separator argument
to join().
--
<kragen at pobox.com>       Kragen Sitaker     <http://www.pobox.com/~kragen/>
The Internet stock bubble didn't burst on 1999-11-08.  Hurrah!