getpass.getpass() extra <CR>

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Mon Mar 6 22:47:20 EST 2000

Interesting... I get the same thing on windows w/1.5.2.  I can
force it to do the right thing with ^J however.  ^M also fails.

On RH6.1, python 1.5.2 from CVS per 2-23-2000 it works fine.

I suspect there's a CRLF lurking behind here somewhere on the
windows/dos side of things.

I imagine for the time being your workaround will be OK as long
as you watch out for when it gets fixed.

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com