Splitting comp.lang.python

Manuel Gutierrez Algaba thor at localhost.localdomain
Wed Mar 1 13:37:37 EST 2000

On 1 Mar 2000 14:07:53 -00om <rmeegan at murlmail.com> wrote:

>Greetings -
>
>I find it very hard to seperate the technical and non-technical aspects
>of c.l.py. For example, are newbie questions technical? What if the
>response brings up a technical aspect? Does the thread somehow move to
>the correct newsgroup?
>
>In what Tim would surely rate as no more than a <0.5 wink>, I propose
Obviously comp.lang.python should be divided into two parts:

comp.lang.python.tim.peters  where Tim Peters would fight
against ruby, viper, Haskell ... whatever, where most syntax
subtlies could happen , and in general all those tim_peters_ly things
that happen around comp.lang.python... newbies...

And comp.lang.python with less syntaxtical but more practical:
CGI, GUI, ...

Regards
Manolo