Determining Ethernet HW Address

Grant Edwards grant at nowhere.
Thu Mar 30 22:54:23 CEST 2000

In article <38E291DD.E4BE14C1 at>, pehr anderson wrote:

>I would *really* appreciate this feature being added to the 'os' module.
>This is really important for a lot of everyday, practical applications.

I'm still curious of what use the Ethernet address is to an

If "really important for everyday, practical applications"
means "useful for node-locking user licenses", then I'd vote no
(not that anybody asked for my vote), since I think node locked
licenses are evil.

Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  FOOLED you! Absorb
                                  at               EGO SHATTERING impulse
                                 rays, polyester poltroon!!