Is mxDateTime compatible with Installer

Calishar calishar at
Wed Mar 1 01:21:00 CET 2000

<e-mailed to wxPython list to answer the same question from someone

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000 21:13:59 -0500, "Gordon McMillan"
<gmcm at> wrote:

>> There is a bug in beta3f.
>Which is true. But
>> Line 168 of
>> reads:
>>  if string.find(name, '.') == -1:
>> It should read:
>>  if string.find(name, '.') != -1:
>was not.

<snipped the rest>

Thanks a lot Gordon, I managed to get it working. I did have to remove
the if statement (left a two line method I believe). However, that
didn't end up resolving my problem.

The mxDateTime package is constructed as follows

the DateTime package contains some other utilities (feasts, ISO, ARPA,
lazyimport), and the mxDateTime package. the mxDateDtime package
contains the mxDateTime.pyd file.

The file in DateTime imports the file, which
imports the mxDateTime package. The file in the mxDateTime
directory just imports the mxDateTime.pyd file.

It looks as if either Installer was getting confused, or the final app
was getting confused by having two levels of mxDateTime it could

The way I ended up solving it was renaming the mxDateTime directory to
something else, and copying the mxDateTime.pyd file to the dlls
directory under (pythonroot)[2].

Since you know how Installer works a lot better than I do (or could
hope to figure out during an insanity packed day) does my solution
make logical sense? (I know it works, just wondering if you can
explain why)

Once again, thanks for all the help on this (and if you can figure out
how to let us change icons on win9x machines, I promise to try to
setup the first shrine to Gordon Macmillan in this city, can't do it
someone else has beaten me to it)

[1] (libdir) = directory where standard modules are installed
[2] (pythonroot) = directory where python is installed (in my case
c:\program files\python)