Anyone using Curses with Python on NT?

Michael Appelmans mappel at 123ibm.net
Sun Mar 12 10:52:03 EST 2000

Thanks for the reply, Alexander.

I'll have a look at pyslang.

re:) set of widgets newt, which might be possible to recompile with the
win32 port of SLang.
Could you be more specific, what are these widgets.

Also wouldn't your TurboVision wrapperTVpython qualify for textmode
development , I tried to download it but starship ftpd was not listening :(!

Thanks again.

MIchael

"Alexander V. Voinov" <avv at quasar.ipa.nw.ru> wrote in message
news:38C7E217.64D7DE at quasar.ipa.nw.ru...
Hi,

Michael Appelmans wrote:

> I have a project that requires text mode screens for telnet application. I
> thought of doing it in Python to make it interesting but the console mode
> would require some form curses library.

There is a pyslang wrapping at:
ftp://starship.python.net/pub/crew/avv/pyslang/pyslang-0.2.0.tgz.

There is also a bit higher level (but other way more restrictive) set of
widgets newt, which might be possible to recompile with the win32 port
of SLang.

Regards

Alexander